Saturday, May 30, 2009

Keep your eyes open.

With so many "BIG" things going wrong, we sometimes forget about the little things. The saying was "if you take care of the nickels and dimes, the dollars will take care of them self". How you manage you funds starts with the little things. Here is an example.

I take an over the counter allergy pill. You can purchase it with a R/x but it costs more. You can purchase the name brand but that costs more than the generic store brand. 10mg is 10mg regardless of who's name is on the cover.

I'm at the store today to purchase some. I look at the store brand and it is $9.95 for a thirty count bottle. I don't remember them being that costly so I looked again. Right next to the thirty count bottle are sixty county bottles of the same thing. The box is a different color but the wording is the same. The cost is $7.95. That's $2.00 less for double the number of pills.

Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment