Saturday, May 23, 2009

Life is good.

Got up this morning, it was raining. The thunder rumbled as I rolled out of bed. I headed to the den and finished writing checks and paying bills. We still have enough to make it to the next payday without having to sell our plasma.

Went to evil Wal-Mart and purchased a new rod and reel. I have all of my other ones stripped down ready to re-string. Made it down to the cabin and my brother and I took the pontoon out for just over an hour. Eighty-one degrees, plenty of sun but no breeze, the lake was a smooth a glass. He caught the first one but I caught the largest one. I caught two Large Mouth Bass about 15 inches long. He caught three smaller one and a Bluegill.

I have two more days to get in some more fishing.

LIFE IS GOOD!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen brother! Sounds fantastic.

    We all get caught up in the day to day crap that we have no control of and sometimes it seems all is lost. That's when a belief in God is needed. Knowing that I don't have to know the outcome and that He has things under control takes a lot of pressure off. It gives us time to enjoy the things we should and let Him deal with the other stuff.

    We mentor pre marriage couples at our church and one of our couples got married last night. It was an outdoor wedding on a beautiful night. They are 19 and devoted Christians. To be in that setting gave you new hope that there are still young people out there who want to live by God's wishes. It was a look back to when we were that young and just starting our lives. The world so often sucks all the life out of us.

    Take a moment and look for the small wonderful things that happen around us every minute. Appreciate what you have and who you have. Live for others not yourself.

    God bless you all this Memorial weekend and remember to salute those that made this Holiday possible. Enjoy your time Grouchy!!

    ReplyDelete