Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Strip Search of 13 year old?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090421/ap_on_go_su_co/us_scotus_school_strip_search

WASHINGTON – An Arizona teenager's lawyer is telling the Supreme Court that school officials were out of bounds when they ordered her to remove her clothes during a search for the equivalent of two Advils.

Redding says school officials did not have reasonable grounds to believe she was hiding pills in her underwear, and says the pills did not pose a public health threat serious enough to justify a strip search. School officials say they did not violate Redding's rights and say courts should defer to school officials' judgment in situations involving potential drug abuse on school grounds.

My children are all raise but I still have to worry about some crazy local school official doing something this stupid. At thirteen, I believe my girls would have told them to go to hell and said, call my father. I think that my grandchildren have been given the same directions.

Those of you who have children, what would you have done? What will you do to give you children enough backbone to stand up to someone like this? I taught them to respect authority but beware of anything that didn't seem right.

No comments:

Post a Comment