Saturday, August 1, 2009

You have to believe.

Just a few short seasons ago you would have thought that Big Red was Dead. This year they are picked to win the North division of the Big 12 conference.

I predicted that they would go 8-3 last year before the season kicked off. Now I'm predicting that they will win another National Championship before I die.

I need to add a caveat to that. That's provided that Obama care doesn't get passed. Ig
f it does, then all prediction are off. I could end up with "end of life" instructions before my time.:-)

3 comments:

  1. I hope you're right and I hope it's sooner rather than later. That string of seasons from the 70's thru the 90's was a blast. Living in AZ where we get stuck with Pac 10 football is tough. At least the Cards had a good year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sorry for the ones of you that are exiled to places other than Big 12 territory. Maybe this will help. Omaha.com is the Omaha World Herald on line edition. You don't get everything that the card copy subscribers do but it might be enough of a fit to get you through from Sunday to gameday.

    Go Big Red

    My son-in-law invited us over to watch the first game on his 36" flat screen TV. It may not be much of a contest but it should be great watching it and stuffing myself with unhealthy snacks.

    ReplyDelete