Saturday, July 11, 2009

You're in or You're out

A friend sent this to me. I’m not sure where it originated but I’m sure some grouchy old person wrote it.

THE JOB - URINE TEST
(Whoever wrote this one deserves a HUGE pat on the back!)
Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job.
I work, they pay me.
I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.
In order to get that paycheck,
I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem.
What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people
who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check
because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.
I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their rear end,
doing drugs, while I work. . .
Can you imagine how much money the state would save
if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

Pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't.
Hope you all will pass it along, though.
Something has to change in this country soon!!!

I guess we could title that program,
'Urine or You're Out'.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! How about urine tests for voters and people who want kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a felony for drugs use you lose your right to vote. If you get caught doing drugs in front of your children the state can take them away. Not the same as a pre-qualification test but it does happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “there is One that speaks with authority and it’s best not to go against His truth? He has drawn the line in the sand, what is man to change it?” I was talking about Biblical principles when I wrote this. The problem is even with the clear, even with the clear words of Scripture; many different views can be taken on some issues.

    The line drawn in the sand against fornication or adultery is pretty clear. I have never heard anyone argue that fornication wasn’t against God’s Word. They say that it’s old fashioned and doesn’t apply today.

    The line in the sand, Thou shalt not kill” is a different story. Most Christians would say that a police officer that shoots and kills a person to save the life of a hostage didn’t cross this line in the sane. The same goes for soldiers defending their country in war. The principle goes as far as confirming that when the state executes a murder, it hasn’t crossed the line as God also said the man who spills another man’s blood, by man his blood will be spilled. The state is merely carrying out God’s justice.

    At the same time I have known Christian men who have said that even if someone was to break into their house and endanger their family that God tell them to love their enemies and turn the other cheek. Punishment is God’s to dole out not man’s

    Having said that, most of the problems in the world are because man want’s to be God and move the line in the sand to suit his wants and needs.

    ReplyDelete