Thursday, April 30, 2009

ABC news posts names and photos of architects of CIA "torture" techniques

I don't know why I continue to be amazed by the media...but I have say this is incredible. ABC news posted the photos and names of two retired military psychologists who were apparently behind the CIA techniques. I don't care whether or not you think waterboarding is torture or if putting a bug in a box with a terrorist is torture...but what the hell are you doing posting names and photos of the people behind it? Wasn't the media furious with the Bush administration for outing Valerie Plame? They were going after the heads of Cheney and Rove like nothing. But now it's ok for the media to out these two men who were serving their country? I am so sick and tired of this crap. What's it going to take for the news media to change? Conservatives have Fox...liberals have ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC...and so on. I know the conservatives own talk radio but I worry about the lesser informed public who watch the local news at night.

At what point does the media have to be held accountable? If something happens to these two men, can ABC be held liable? What's next, outing the names of people in the witness protection program? Shame on you ABC and shame on the morons posting on their site that nothing was accomplished by these "torture" techniques. Freaking idiots.

Ok...that's my rant.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/comments?type=story&id=7471217

No comments:

Post a Comment