Sunday, September 6, 2009

Not #1 in the nation as of now.

My son-in-law, the husband of my youngest daughter, purchased all three pay-per-view Big Red games. Then he invited me over for supper and the game. He's really building up points. Two things I really like if free food and football.

If you didn't get to see the game, you missed a good one. Nebraska may not be a #1 in the nation team yet but they appeared to be better than last year's team that went 9-3. There is room for improvement and they will need a good game next week to get in shape for VT. I believe that there is a good chance that they will beat one or maybe two of the teams that they aren't suppose to this year.

There were plenty of young talent in the game on both sides of the ball. Kody Green has a set of wheels that just don't stop. "Superman" Burkhead looks to be the next great back after Helu. I think that they will be a powerful tandem this year if they continue to improve.

The young defensive backs showed a lot of promise. We had three take aways that could easily been five but for a penalty and a dropped interception. That puts us at plus two for the year and game. I believe that we finished -11 last year. I think I saw a stat that said that we were -35 for the past five years. It's hard to win games with those kinds of turnover stats.

I don't know if we will move up in the rankings as the teams that lost might just drop down but remain above us.

GO BIG RED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment